Saturday, February 26, 2011

Amélie

 I've been hearing about this movie for years, about how great it was, and I've always wanted to see it, just never found the time. Well, I finally found the time. It was worth it, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was funny, and different, and overall a good watch.

Amélie is about a girl, lost in her imagination all through life, as an adult she decides to use her imagination to help those around her, wreck revenge on those who've done wrong, and help those who've lost faith in humanity, all while slowly falling in love with a man shes never spoken to.

  First of all, the movie was in French, and I don't speak a word of French, so I'm sure some of the comedy was lost on me, because it's hard to read comedy, in my opinion at least. But, the movie still made me laugh, and still kept my attention all through out, even know I couldn't understand what was being said, and had to read it. The movie really stuck to Amélie's imagination, and how she views life, it was a very interesting thing to see.

   Not many people can handle movies with subtitles, immediately you do lose some of the flair of the movie, when you are stuck reading everything that is being said. You may miss what's happening on screen at times, or lose the inflection in someones voice and it may take away from their character. But, more often then not, you end up missing good movies if you swear off films you have to read through. Please, don't do that with Amélie watch it, you'll enjoy it, I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment