Sunday, February 6, 2011

Faster

   I grew up, like many guys, watching wrestling on television. The era in which I grew up, was the era of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. So I may be a little bias on this movie, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is good actor, and a great action star in my opinion.

   Faster is a tale of revenge, Dwayne Johnson's character which was only given the name Driver is just being let out of prison after a ten year stay. First thing he does when he gets out, is going on the hunt for the people that were involved in his brothers death. Nothing is able to stand in his way on his rampage toward vengeance.

   What surprised me most about this movie is that the main character of the movie Driver (Dwayne Johnson) has so few lines. Most of the interaction between him and the other cast member is just the look in his eyes, and the body language he projects. That I really enjoyed. No nonsense dialog about why he's here trying to kill you, they just know.

   Though this movie may not be the most action packed, and the action scenes maybe fairly short when they do happen, I still had a good time watching it. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is in the mode for a simple easy to follow plot, and a well acted hero, maybe even anti-hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment