Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

   Normally I'll let a movie stew for a day or so after I see it before I review it. But, I think I'll knock this one out right now, it shouldn't be to difficult. This was the worse one so far, I may be a little biased, but, what this movie was missing was a little Keira Knightley, that may very well be the reason I didn't like this one as much. Other then that, it was pretty much you standard Pirates movie.

   Captain Jack Sparrow is back, and this time he's on the hunt for the Fountain of Youth, you'll see many familiar faces along the way, along with the legendary Black Beard. Will Jack's luck finally run out, or will he triumph over Black Beard, zombies, mermaids, and the Royal Navy?

   Johnny Depp must just love the character of Jack Sparrow, the fourth movie has just come out, and he's already in talks for a fifth. I must say it is a fun character, and I'll definitely see what ever Disney cooks up next with him, but, how long will this franchise be able to hold on for, before people start to get tired of it.

   Pirates was funny, and an interesting watch, I enjoyed myself all the way through, the end obviously leaves it open for a sequel as expected. I'd have to say if you enjoyed the previous films you'll love this one, maybe not as much, with the gorgeous Keira Knightley gone, but, Penélope Cruz isn't a bad stand in. If you didn't like the previous films, well, you won't like this one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment