Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Rite

   I'll be honest I'm not a big fan of horror movies, I think it might stem from my parents love of horror movies, and me watching so many at a young age. Perhaps I just crew out of the need to feel scared, or irked out. Be that as it may, I decided to sit and take this movie on and see what had to offer, seeing the staggering number of exorcism movies that have cropped up in recent years.

   The Rite follows Michael Kovak (Colin O'Donoghue) as he joins seminary school, to try and trick the church into paying for his schooling with out becoming a priest. As his schooling is nearing it's end, the church sends him to take an exorcism course in the Vatican, to try and sway his decision to leave, but, could other forces be pushing him on this path?

   Of the few exorcism movies I've seen, I found this one to be the most "realistic" in the portraying of a demonic possession. Not saying I'm an expert on it, but, it seemed like the events that unfolded in this movie were more believable to have happened then say what happened in The Exorcist.

   Be that is it may, this movie still wasn't that good. I even laughed out loud at a few of the more thriller inducing scenes because they were just so over acted and cheesy. So, let's keep this simply, unless you are a big fan of the actors in this movie, or of the exorcism genre, I don't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment