Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Season of the Witch

   This movie has been getting the short end of the stick, a lot of people have been calling it a horrible movie, and I have to say, they were correct to a point. However, it wasn't as bad as people have made out. That one thing is certain.

   Season of the Witch is about two Knights Templar (Nicolas Cage, Ron Perlman) who desert after disagreeing on an attack they were ordered to make. Their journey away from the church brought them to a village anguished by a plague thought to be the work of a witch. After being discovered as deserters they agree to bring the witch to trail, a journey they thought to be simple will soon be the greatest test of will they've ever undergone.

   At first I was put off by the movie, but, as it continued on I became more intrigued with what was happening, and what was going to happen. The acting wasn't the greatest throughout, Nicolas Cage seemed to really phone in his performance, Ron Perlman isn't a bad actor, he just seems to play the same character in every movie. I have always been interested in medieval themed films, and films about the occult, that kept me quite entertained throughout.

   I don't think I'll ever watch this movie again, but, I don't feel like I wasted my time watching it either. So, if you're a fan of any of the actors in the film, or of the theme the filmed is based on, I'd recommend a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment