Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hereafter

   Even know I didn't know a whole lot about this movie, I knew I really wanted to see it, seeing as I've enjoyed every other film that I've seen directed by Clint Eastwood. So, when I sat down and finally got a chance to watch it, I was pretty excited. Alas, the excitement was ill placed. The movie wasn't like I expected it to be, just okay.

   Hereafter is about a three people and how their lives end up intersecting with one another though death and the afterlife. A man with the ability to speak with the dead, a woman whose near death experience let her view the afterlife, and a child who lost his brother all come together to complete a moving story of life and death.

   Listen, the movie was okay, but I really didn't care for the way Matt Damon's character was portrayed, he was a gifted psychic who hated the gift he was given, the ability to communicate with the dead. He just seemed like a whiner throughout the whole movie, always complain about his ability, and belittling people who ask for his help.

  That was probably what ruin the movie for me, if there is one thing I dislike in a character, it's someone who complains when they have an amazing gift, or when they have everything in the world and still whine about it. I wouldn't recommend this movie, but, I might be a bit biased about it, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment