Friday, January 7, 2011

127 Hours

Danny Boyle's 127 Hours was gripping. James Franco owned this role, I always knew he had some skill but, I did not expect something of this magnitude. Not many actors can pull off a film all by themselves, and not many directors can handle it either.

127 Hours is the true story of Aron Ralston, a mountaineer who got his hand caught under a rock while cayoneering in Utah and ended up having to amputate his own arm to survive.

Of course, the amputation scene was crazy for lack of a better word. It was extremely graphic and very realistic, or so I assume. I've never actually seen a man cut his own arm off with a dull knife before, but if that is what it really looks like, I don't want to see it again.

Everything about this movie was right, the writing, directing, photography, sound, lighting, and of course the acting. It was like the Hollywood version of the big bang. A random grouping of particles colliding into one another and exploding creating life and the entire universe. I really don't think I can word it any better go see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment